- PhD, MSc Biomedical Sciences / Chinese Medicinal Sciences, University of Macau
- MSc, BSc Pharmacognosy / Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University
- R&D and functional evaluation of TCM-derived health food
- Drug delivery systems
- Chinese medicines for inflammatory diseases
We are now looking for postgraduate students who can participate in our research projects on health food development and pharmaceutical sciences. For further information, please contact: email@example.com
Selected Journal Articles
- Cheng BC, Yu H, Guo H, Su,T, Fu XQ, Li T, Cao HH, Tse KW, ZZ Wu, Kwan HY, Yu ZL. A herbal formula comprising Rosae Multiflorae Fructus and Lonicerae Japonicae Flos attenuates collagen-induced arthritis in rats. Sci Rep. 2016 (In Press)
- Cheng BC, Yu H, Su T, Fu XQ, Guo H, Li T, Cao HH, Tse AK, Kwan HY, Yu ZL. A herbal formula comprising Rosae Multiflorae Fructus and Lonicerae Japonicae Flos inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators and the IRAK-1/TAK1 and TBK1/IRF3 pathways in RAW 264.7 and THP-1 cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015, 174: 195-9.
- Xu LQ, Yu H, Yin SP, Zhang RX, Zhou YD, Li J. Liposome-based delivery systems for ginsenoside Rh2: in vitro and in vivo comparisons. J Nanopart Res. 2015, 17: 415.
- Yue GG, Lee JK, Kwok HF, Cheng L, Wong EC, Jiang L, Yu H, Leung HW, Wong YL, Leung PC, Fung KP, Lau CB. Novel PI3K/AKT targeting anti-angiogenic activities of 4-vinylphenol, a new therapeutic potential of a well-known styrene metabolite. Sci Rep. 2015, 5:11149.
- Kwan HY, Niu X, Dai W, Tong T, Chao X, Su T, Chan CL, Lee KC, Fu X, Yi H, Yu H, Li T, Tse AK, Fong WF, Pan SY, Lu A, Yu ZL. Lipidomic-based investigation into the regulatory effect of Schisandrin B on palmitic acid level in non-alcoholic steatotic livers. Sci Rep. 2015; 5: 9114.
- Su T, Yu H, Kwan HY, Ma XQ, Cao HH, Cheng CY, Leung AK, Chan CL, Li WD, Cao H, Fong WF, Yu ZL. Comparisons of the chemical profiles, cytotoxicities and anti-inflammatory effects of raw and rice wine-processed Herba Siegesbeckiae. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014, 156: 365-9.
- Tse AK, Cao HH, Cheng CY, Kwan HY, Yu H, Fong WF, Yu ZL. Indomethacin sensitizes TRAIL-resistant melanoma cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis through ROS-mediated upregulation of death receptor 5 and downregulation of survivin. J Invest Dermatol. 2014, 134(5): 1397-407.
- Lai PK, Chan JY, Kwok HF, Cheng L, Yu H, Lau CP, Leung PC, Fung KP, Lau CB. Induction of Angiogenesis in Zebrafish Embryos and Proliferation of Endothelial Cells by an Active Fraction Isolated from the Root of Astragalus membranaceus using Bioassay-guided Fractionation. J Tradit Complement Med. 2014, 4(4): 239-45.
- Tse AK, Chow KY, Cao HH, Cheng CY, Kwan HY, Yu H, Zhu GY, Wu YC, Fong WF, Yu ZL. The herbal compound cryptotanshinone restores sensitivity in cancer cells that are resistant to the tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand. J Biol Chem. 2013, 288(41): 29923-33.
- Zhao Y, Li J, Yu H, Wang G, Liu W. Synthesis and characterization of a novel polydepsipeptide contained tri-block copolymer (mPEG-PLLA-PMMD) as self-assembly micelle delivery system for paclitaxel. Int J Pharm. 2012, 430(1-2): 282-91.
- Yue GG, Cheng SW, Yu H, Xu ZS, Lee JK, Hon PM, Lee MY, Kennelly EJ, Deng G, Yeung SK, Cassileth BR, Fung KP, Leung PC, Lau CB. The role of turmerones on curcumin transportation and P-glycoprotein activities in intestinal Caco-2 cells. J Med Food. 2012, 15(3): 242-52.
- Li F, Zhang LD, Li BC, Yang J, Yu H, Wan JB, Wang YT, Li P. Screening of free radical scavengers from Erigeron breviscapus using on-line HPLC-ABTS/DPPH based assay and mass spectrometer detection. Free Radic Res. 2012, 246(3): 286-94.
- Chan BC, Yu H, Wong CW, Lui SL, Jolivalt C, Ganem-Elbaz C, Paris JM, Morleo B, Litaudon M, Lau CB, Ip M, Fung KP, Leung PC, Han QB. Quick identification of kuraridin, a noncytotoxic anti-MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) agent from Sophora flavescens using high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr B. 2012, 880(1): 157-62.
- Han XQ, Chan BC, Yu H, Yang YH, Hu SQ, Ko CH, Dong CX, Wong CK, Shaw PC, Fung KP, Leung PC, Hsiao WL, Tu PF, Han QB. Structural characterization and immuno-modulating activities of a polysaccharide from Ganoderma sinense. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012, 51(4): 597-603.
- Yin JY, Jiang ZH, Yu H, Xie MY, Hsiao WL, Lu AP, Han QB. A new application of an aqueous diphase solvent system in one-step preparation of polysaccharide from the crude water extract of Radix Astragali by high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2012, 1262: 92-7.
- Yu H, Hu YQ, Ip FC, Zuo Z, Han YF, Ip NY. Intestinal transport of bis(12)-hupyridone in Caco-2 cells and its improved permeability by the surfactant Brij-35. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2011, 32(3): 140-50.
- Yu H, Li WM, Cheung MC, Zuo Z, Carlier PR, Gu ZM, Chan K, Huang M, Wang YT, Han YF. Development and validation of an HPLC-DAD method for bis(12)-hupyridone and its application to a pharmacokinetic study. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2009, 49(2): 410-4.
- Zhang L, Yu H, Li WM, Cheung MC, Pang YP, Gu ZM, Chan K, Wang YT, Zuo Z, Han YF. Preclinical characterization of intestinal absorption and metabolism of promising anti-Alzheimer’s dimer bis(7)-tacrine. Int J Pharm. 2008, 357(1-2): 85-94.
- Yu H, Li WM, Kan KK, Ho JM, Carlier PR, Pang YP, Gu ZM, Zhong Z, Chan K, Wang YT, Han YF. The physicochemical properties and the in vivo AChE inhibition of two potential anti-Alzheimer agents, bis(12)-hupyridone and bis(7)-tacrine. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2008, 46(1): 75-81.
- Zhang L, Yu H, Li WM, Cheung MC, Pang YP, Lin G, Wang YT, Zuo Z, Han YF. Selective and sensitive determination of bis(7)-tacrine, a high erythrocyte binding acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, in rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Biomed Chromatogr. 2008, 22(4): 414-20.
- Yu H, Ho JM, Kan KK, Cheng BW, Li WM, Zhang L, Lin G, Pang YP, Gu ZM, Chan K, Wang YT, Han YF. Development of a high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass method for determination of bis(7)-tacrine, a promising anti-Alzheimer’s dimer, in rat blood. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2007, 44(5): 1133-8.
- Yu H, Yang FQ, Han YF, Li SP. “Recent development on sample preparation for quality control of Chinese herbs” in Pharmacological Activity-Based Quality Control of Chinese Herbs (Edited by S.P. Li and Y.T. Wang). Nova Science Publishers, Inc. New York. 2008: 21-72.
- Cui W, Choi TC, Mak SH, Yu H, Hu SQ, Li WM, Zuo Z, Han YF. “Bis(12)-hupyridone, a promising multi-functional anti-Alzheimer’s dimer derived from Chinese medicine” in When Things Go Wrong – Diseases and Disorders of the Human Brain (Edited by Theo Mantamadiotis). InTech Open Access publisher, Rijeka, Croatia. 2012: 151-174.
Tel: +853-8822 8540